Policy No. 2301
911 Disclosures Policy
Pursuant to the FCC’s VoIP E911 Order (WC Docket Nos. 04-36 and 05-196, FCC 05-116, released June 3, 2005), 48-49, and Section 9.5(e) of the FCC’s rules, all interconnected VoIP service providers, like RIVR Tech, are required to “advise every subscriber, both new and existing, prominently and in plain language, the circumstances under which E911 Service may not be available through the interconnected VoIP service or may be in some way limited by comparison to traditional E911 service.”
911-type Services means functionality that allows end-users to contact emergency services, including, without limitation, police, fire and medical emergency services. 911-type Services may include Enhanced 911-type Service (E911), which has the ability to selectively route an emergency call to the primary 911 provider so that it reaches the correct emergency service located closest to the subscriber location and to transmit the identification of the subscriber location and telephone number (subject to the obligations to provide and maintain the subscriber location information).
We ask that you carefully read this E911 Disclosure Addendum and understand how these differences affect your ability to access E911 services. If you have any questions or concerns about the information contained in this notice, or if you do not understand anything discussed in this notice, please contact our Member Service Center at (910) 843-4131 during the hours of 8AM to 7PM EST.
1. RIVR Tech VOIP E911 SERVICES MAY NOT OPERATE DURING A POWER OUTAGE. In the event of a power outage causing a loss of voice and data service, including access to E911 services. Once power service is restored, you may be required to reset or reconfigure your equipment before you will be able to use RIVR Tech to contact E911 services.
2. RIVR Tech VOIP E911 SERVICES WILL NOT OPERATE IF YOUR BROADBAND CONNECTION IS DISRUPTED OR RIVR TECH SERVICE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, NON-PAYMENT. Once your broadband connection and RIVR Tech have been restored, you may be required to reset or reconfigure your equipment before you will be able to use RIVR Tech service to contact E911 services.
3. YOU MUST PROVIDE RIVR TECH WITH YOUR CORRECT SERVICE ADDRESS OR RIVR TECH VOIP E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY BE ROUTED TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU. If you notice that the service address information identified in your contract or bill is inaccurate, you can make corrections by calling our Member Service Center at (910) 843-4131 during the hours of 8AM to 7PM EST.
4. RIVR TECH VOIP E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY NOT COMPLETE OR MAY BE ROUTED TO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WHO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU IF YOU DISABLE, DAMAGE OR MOVE TO A LOCATION OTHER THAN THE SERVICE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED TO RIVR TECH WHEN SERVICE WAS INITIATED. If you wish to move to a new service address please call either your sales representative or Member Service Center at (910) 843-4131 during the hours of 8AM to 7PM EST.
Policy No. 2301
5. RIVR TECH VOIP E911 SERVICES CALLS MAY BE DELAYED OR DROPPED DUE TO NETWORK ARCHITECTURE. Due to network congestion or problems, calls to E911 services made using RIVR TECH VOIP may be dropped, in which case you will not be connected to emergency services, or your E911 calls may take longer to connect than E911 calls made using traditional telephone service.
6. RIVR TECH VOIP E911 SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE WHEN USING A SOFTPHONE ON MOBILE OR DESKTOP APPLICATIONS.
IN ADDITION, YOU SHOULD MAINTAIN ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTACTING E911 SERVICES AND YOU MUST INFORM YOUR RIVR TECH VOIP USERS OF THESE ALTERNATE MEANS. Please contact our Member Service Center at (910) 843-4131 during the hours of 8AM to 7PM EST for additional information.
Disclaimer of Liability for Emergency Call Response
Your use, and use by your employees, guests, and other third parties, of RIVR Tech’s 911 Services are subject to the limitations described herein. The availability of certain features, such as transmission of a Registered Address or your RIVR Tech telephone number, depends on whether local emergency response centers support those features and other factors outside of RIVR Tech’s control. RIVR Tech relies on qualified third parties to assist us in routing 911 calls to local emergency response centers. RIVR Tech does not have control over local emergency response centers, emergency responders, or other third parties. RIVR Tech disclaims all responsibility for the conduct of local emergency response centers, third parties engaged by Customer to facilitate address updates, and all other third parties involved in the provision of emergency response services. To the extent permitted by applicable Law, you hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless RIVR Tech from and against any and all liability relating to or arising from any acts or omissions of such third parties or other third parties involved in the handling of or response to any emergency or 911 call.
The customer indemnifies and holds harmless RIVR Tech, and any third-party provider(s) from any and all third-party claims, losses, damages, fines, or penalties arising out of: (i) Customer or its End User’s provision to RIVR Tech of incorrect information, including physical addresses, or failure to update a Registered Address; (ii) Customer’s failure to properly notify any person who may place calls using the Services of the 911 limitations; or (iii) the absence, failure, or outage of emergency service dialing using the Services for any reason; and (iv) the inability of any End User to be able to dial 911 or access emergency service personnel for any reason.
All employees are responsible for abiding by the provisions of this policy.
The President & CEO is responsible for the administration and enforcement of this policy.
The Board of Directors shall be responsible for any change or revision to this policy.
Policy No. 2301
Adopted: Minutes of November XX, 2023
Approved: Elaine O. Chavis, Secretary